Earlier in June, China launched a week-long series of anti-terrorist drills called “Great Wall 5”, in preparation for the upcoming 2008 Olympic Games. The drills involved emergency responders, “police forces, the People’s Armed Police, the People’s Liberation Army and the health, environmental protection, meteorology and transportation departments.
- Along the river during the Qingming festival
- South-west China hit by new quake
- Blair: China reminds me of the best of America
- Olympic closing ceremony to feature 7,000 people
- China Focus: 100 days after quake, athletes from Sichuan fight and shine at Beijing Olympics
- Where’s the Trauma and the Grief?
- Leave China Alone
- something fun
- athletes age controversial
- Fun and the Games